[April 26, 2018] !!! Submisson Deadline extended to May 7, 2018 !!!
The twenty-sixth edition of the Italian Symposium on Advanced Database Systems (SEBD - Sistemi Evoluti per Basi di Dati)
is organized by
Politecnico di Bari
Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia
It will take place in Castellaneta Marina (Taranto) at
ETHRA RESERVE (Ex Nova Yardinia)
from June 24th to June 27th 2018.
The SEBD symposium is the major annual event of the Italian database research community. It is thought as a gathering forum to meet, discuss,
and exchange experiences among all people from academy and industry who are interested in database systems and in all their broad range of applications.
For its 26th edition, SEBD will host a session completely devoted to the next generation of researchers: Ph.D. students. They will be asked to submit a 4 pages paper describing their research which
will be presented and discussed during an oral session. There the students will get feedback and suggestions from senior researchers of the SEBD community and have the chance to start new collaborations.
PhD Session for more information.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
The conference covers a broad range of topics, including traditional database management, as well as new challenges for data management in any possible domain.
Suggested topics include (but not limited to) the following:
- Access Methods and Physical Design
- Concurrency Control and Recovery
- Data structures and algorithms for data management
- Transaction and workflow management
- Interoperability and Web services
- Distributed and parallel databases
- Grid, peer-to-peer databases and cloud computing
- Real-time, embedded, sensor, and mobile databases
- Scientific and Statistical Databases
- Multimedia Databases, Digital libraries
- Spatial, temporal and geographic databases
- Data in social networks and Graph databases
- Active databases
- Object-oriented databases
- Deductive Databases
- Data models and database design
- Incompleteness, inconsistency, and uncertainty in databases
- Query languages
- Query processing and optimization
- Approximate query answering
- Semi-structured data
- Data mining, knowledge discovery, and machine learning
- Data warehousing
- Data integration, Heterogeneous and Federated DBMS
- Meta-data management
- Data visualization
- Semantic-Web data
- Ontology-based data management
- Privacy, security, and trust management
- Database Performance and Evaluation
- Big Data Analytics
- Big Data Physical Organization
- Cultural Heritage Applications
SEBD 2018 invites submissions of research, industry and application contributions as well as software demonstrations. Regular papers presenting original work are solicited. Moreover, discussion papers containing descriptions of results already published
are also welcomed.
- regular papers (up to 12 pages): original research works;
- discussion papers (up to 8 pages): results and ideas of interest to the SEBD audience, including extended abstract of recent own publications, position papers, system and application descriptions and presentations of
- PhD session papers (up to 4 pages): devoted to the description of PhD students' reaserch program.
Papers must be written in English. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality. Submitted papers should conform to the
Springer LNCS style
A single PDF versions of papers should be submitted electronically via the
EasyChair submission page
All accepted works will be included in the CEUR WS proceedings, with Discussion Papers clearly marked as such. After acceptance, authors are required to re-submit the final PDF. No different format is allowed. All accepted papers are expected to be presented
at the conference and at least one author is required to register to the conference